16 August, 2008

We are done :-(

No more nursing. I am really ok if I just don't think about it. When Winston was sick last week he had trouble latching, so we only nursed a little before bed (bedtime has been our only nursing session for the last 5 months). Then we had one good session, then a series of Winston wanting to, and trying to, but nada. He would pat the boob, then try to nurse, then sit up and make this sad face and shake his head "no." I think he felt bad b/c then he would hug me. That was last weekend and we haven't nursed since. Not even on the plane on the way out to California when he needed some comfort. We are done. Momma is sad.

Goodness, just typing that made me cry. I did not think that this would make me so sad. Ok, I knew I'd be a little sad. But I could just bawl my eyes out right now. Wow.

No comments: