01 May, 2009

My son the impressionist

Last night before bed Winston was pretending to be different animals. He was a spider, an elephant, a giraffe, and a fish. He also showed us his pretend sleeping and a dinosaur.

Winston would run, crawl, hop around the room and make the appropriate animal noise. It was hilarious the different things he'd say and do. So then Jay tells Winston to pretend to be momma.

Winston starts running around the room, flaying his arms and shouting "I love you, I love you!"
How cute is that? It brought tears to my eyes. He did the same thing for Jay – minus the arms.

Now, I am a little concerned that he sees me as running about like a nutso lady (perhaps an accurate representation), but the "I love you" part just made me melt. I guess we say it a lot.

Also, Winston was saying his name a lot -- “Winston Judah Knott.” We asked him, “What is Daddy’s name?” His answer, “Daddy Judah Knott.” Calling out as we left the room, "Night night Daddy Judah Knott!" Too flippin’ cute!

No comments: