15 September, 2008

Just a quick update on drop-off this morning

Last Friday the drop-off at daycare was supah bad. SUUUPAH bad. It hurt me. Winston screeched, threw himself to the floor, almost hurting himself, to get near me. Eventually one of the teachers pretty much grabbed him up and they went with the rest of the class to the gym. I then had to sneak out covert-style past the gym which was on my way to the car. Guess what? Winston was fine. Jostling in line for his turn at the slide on the climber. I don't think he saw me leave (?).

So today I was apprehensive. And I am sure that Mr. W. picks up on that from me. We were running super late this morning (water heater took a nap so we had to wait for hot water. It's fine now (fingers crossed)). By the time W. and I got to school his class was already in the gym. So, once again, that same teacher grabbed Winston from me (a tad too harshly for me, really, but it worked). And Winston went off to play while I went to the classroom to drop-off his stuff. I hear him wailing all the way down the hall. :-(

Guess what? It all of about 5-10 minutes and Winston was fine. When I (once again) skulked by the gym windows Winston was happy and climbing all over this teeter-totter boat thingy. All good.

SO, while the screeches haven't lessened in intensity, they have shortened in duration. Progress, yes??

No comments: