10 September, 2008

Toys - esp. cars and trucks

I find it so interesting that no matter how much Jay and I may try to keep Winston's toys gender neutral, he generates toward cars and trucks. And bugs. I noticed this in Winston's classroom especially where the more gender-associated playthings are presented equally. The girls seem to seek out the dolls, the boys the trucks. It's downright freaky to me. It's not absolute by any means, but does seem to be the trend.

Nothing seems to exemplify this more than our recent experience with HotWheels.

Holy crap! Two packs of cars have been on his dresser for about 10 mos. He just noticed them. I was pushing for them to stay packaged and maybe even put away. Jay says, no way. Let him play.

So I did.

It's a slippery slope isn't it? Our house will never be the same, huh? The kid looooovvveeeees them!!!!!!
(upshot -- they are great massage tools when Winston runs them up and down my back)

He clutched them in his sleep when we put him to bed. He would NOT let go of them Oy!

No comments: