Winston is cracking me up lately. I love this age.
He's a little director. "Mama, this way. Mama, sit down. Watch. Look."
This all said while he pushes or pull me in different directions to go play, watch Elmo, whatever. At daycare drop-off one day last week he found a tow truck, took it over to a pile of mats, sat down, patted the seat next to him and said "Mama, sit down. Look. Big truck."
He knows his name now and loves to use it. He'll put a blanket over his head and say, "Where's Winton? Winton where ahhhhhh uuuuuuu?" then throw the blanket aside and say "Peek ahh Boo!" He also likes to give himself self-affirmations. He'll do something and then say, "Yay Winton! Go go Winton!" I won't even be in the room and hear him playing and cheering himself on.
Nana Tutu even got an unprompted"I love you" on the phone the other day, that was huge.
And he knows how to play it up. We have started to get the fake cry. When I called him on it, he actually stopped, looked at me sideways and giggled. He thought he was hilarious.
Oh gosh, there are a ton of other funny things. He can't say "Oscar" or "chalk" quite right yet, but loves to talk about them. (Oscar the Grouch and the sidewalk chalk in the basement) So, Oscar is "ocker" and chalk is (still) "cawk." Oh, and Grinch sounds something like "bitch." I just pray he doesn't pull that out at school or in public.
Last one ---
Winston says "ay yigh yigh" meaning "EI EI O" and that he wants to sing Old MacDonald. I always ask him if he wants a Mexican hat dance. "No, mama! AY Yigh yigh!!! Moooo mooo! Onk onk!" And it must be sung by mama. The two discs we have in the car with professional versions just won't do.
W: "No, mama! Maaaaaaahmmaaaaaah:
M: "You want mama to sing?"
W: "Yep. Mama."
So we sing, and sing, and sing. All the way from daycare home. I won't be done with the verse and he's already instructing me as to what the next sound should be. He's not limited to animals. He's asked for "tractor" the other day. Our funny little man!
Happy Holidays From The Burnsey Elves
17 years ago

1 comment:
What a great post! Love him! Need some video!
Love you guys! Auntie Sass
Post a Comment