Winston got sick on day three. The midpoint of our vacation. We are talking toddler-vomiting-in-the-middle-of-the-night sick. Poor guy. Jay and I moved into his room on head-to-head twin beds and snuggled with the monkey. He went right back to sleep for a couple of hours and then was at it again. Then right back to sleep. He's fine now. It's been over 48 hours and now he just has a cold. He's at the Baby Club today - our last day here.
I am here in the room so that I can stay close to the bathroom. Yep. Momma's sick too now. But not puking. The "other" stereotypical Mexican-vacation induced illness. Yuck. I spent the hours of 3-8 am on the bathroom floor. Just lovely. Jay's out on a wave-runner right now and I am here on the laptop, watching a movie and trying to eat saltines. Sad.
Ever since Jay and I went into Zihua on Saturday my tummy has been "off." We ate almost the same things since then, with the exception of me partaking of too much guacamole and ceviche. It's yum, but seems to be kicking my butt quite literally. I am a little bitter.
Anyway - on to the fun we have had since my last post.
Zihua on Saturday was great. Hotter than Hades but great. Based on a rec from my sister we went on a quest for a restaurant called "La Serena Gorda". Bummer was that we sort of started in the opposite direction. But took a great walk along the beach. We did find that fat mermaid, but by then had decided that we should eat on the sand too. (looking back, this may have been my mistake). We did a little shopping and Jay got his haggle-on with a persistant Mexican shopkeeper. It was all good. Winston had a good day at daycare. This was the night Winston got sick tho. 

So, Sunday was spent in the room for the most part while Winston slept. He slept for a good 4 hours right in the middle of the day. He needed it. I think we did some time at the pool and then the beach that afternoon. Jay played flag football and Winston and I played in the gameroom.

Yesterday was Monday and we took Winston to see the nurse just to make sure everything was ok. He seemed to be very congested, but no fever. He had some Benadryl and then we went to the pool. I took a water aerobics class while Jay and Winston watched. Winston even got into it a bit too. Then Jay played water polo and Winston and I made new friends by the stairs in the pool. By all indications, vacay was back in full swing.
After an afternoon nap, we were all back at the pool and Winston was Mr. Confident. I swear I think he thinks he can really swim. He was putting his face in the water and pushing me away. Crazy boy!
Then last night Jay and I went for a nice dinner and got a babysitter. Poor sitter literally just sat in our room for 2 hours since Winston was already asleep. They have something here at the Club called "Pygama Night" where you can take your kids over to the daycare and they watch your kids and put them down to sleep. Then you go get them to transfer them to their own beds. We thought about doing that, but we just didn't see it going well. Anyway, it was a great night. Until I woke up at 3 am.
So, there you have it. We are all caught up. Jay's hoping to come back this afternoon with me feeling better. Fingers crossed that is actually the case. Then we want to take Winston to a nearby crocodile sanctuary. He's loving seeing geckos and lizards (there's a lagoon outside our door) so we think he'll get a kick out of the crocodiles. Or be completely freaked out. We'll let you know what happens.

No comments:
Post a Comment